Reducing the environmental impact of great events
At Conference Expo, we work hard to reduce our environmental impact whilst helping organisers deliver sustainable events. By choosing Conference Expo’s prescribed stand package solution, organisers benefit from a supplier that heavily invests in initiatives that reduce our carbon footprint and that of our client’s projects.
We do this by consolidating multiple display deliveries into one, whilst re-used stand components further reduce waste vs traditional “bring your own display” events. In addition to this, Conference Expo then recycle waste, ensuring zero goes to landfill and fully offset the remaining impact.
Proud To Be Carbon Neutral
In addition to our green endeavours and as a way of mitigating our remaining emissions, in January 2019 we began a carbon offsetting scheme enabling us to be carbon neutral. Working with WWF and Gold Standard, Conference Expo from Nimlok have sponsored accredited schemes with a dual mandate of reducing carbon emissions whilst fostering sustainable development.
Darfur Low-Smoke Stoves
- Substantial reduction in greenhouse gasses as each stove avoids 4 tonnes of CO2 per year.
- 93% of women have more time to work which generate additional income for their families.
- Slowing the rate of deforestation by replacing biomass with LPG.
- Empowering women and reducing gender inequality by training women entrepreneurs to deliver the stoves through microfinance schemes.
- Alleviating poverty by enabling energy savings.
Rwanda Safe Water Access
- Less time and effort spent collecting wood to boil and sanitise water.
- Reduced incidence of waterborne diseases.
- Reduced expenditure on wood fuel, leaving money free for other household expenses.
- Reduced pressed on local wildlife and ecosystems due to reduced deforestations.