In an industry that has not been traditionally environmentally friendly, Conference Expo has always tried to break the mould. Our business model ensures that stands are reusable, and waste is kept to a minimum. We also use 95% recycled materials in our production.
But that’s not enough for us, in January 2019 we will begin a carbon offsetting scheme, enabling us to be carbon neutral. Working with WWF and Gold Standard, Conference Expo from Nimlok are sponsoring accredited schemes with a dual mandate of reducing carbon emissions whilst fostering sustainable development.
It’s not just about planting trees. Our two chosen projects: the Darfur Low-Smoke stoves and Safe Water Access in Rwanda, also tackle poverty, gender equality and provide affordable clean energy.
Darfur Low-Smoke Stoves
- Substantial reduction in greenhouse gasses as each stove avoids 4 tonnes of CO2 per year.
- 93% of women have more time to work which generate additional income for their families.
- Slowing the rate of deforestation by replacing biomass with LPG.
- Empowering women and reducing gender inequality by training women entrepreneurs to deliver the stoves through microfinance schemes.
- Alleviating poverty by enabling energy savings.
Rwanda Safe Water Access
- Less time and effort spent collecting wood to boil and sanitise water.
- Reduced incidence of waterborne diseases.
- Reduced expenditure on wood fuel, leaving money free for other household expenses.
- Reduced pressed on local wildlife and ecosystems due to reduced deforestations.
We will continue to make reducing our environmental impact a priority and will keep you updated on our progress.